Sometimes I think back at all we've been through and its been a lifetime of things...already.
Together, we've survived:
- The tragic and sudden deaths of not one, but 2 classmates in high school.
- Graduating high school and embarking on an exciting new journey together to college.
- A devastating 1st semester of college, complete with clinical depression and medication.
- Becoming an aunt and uncle 3 times over.
- The death of his wonderful grandmother followed by...
- The death of his wonderful father. (RIP Chuck)
- Establishing our first "home" on our college campus.
- Establishing our family away family at U of I.
- The end of therapy and medication
- Political Activism complete with being FOIA'd
- A road trip that spanned 22 days and only 5 showers
- Getting accepted into our first choice graduate and professional schools.
- Graduating from college.
- Moving 160 miles back home to our next home together.
- A 600+ beer bottle collection
- Getting engaged.
- Family madness because we're engaged (and they realize what that means come wedding day)
- Planning a wedding
- Cold feet (in the literal sense, not the figurative one)
- Dental School and Social Work school
I love you, Benjamin Ian, with all my heart.